oil on board 46 x 46 cm
Plein air, direct observation and studio paintings are mainly in oils, with occasional use of other media; work ranges from life drawing and figure studies to formal portraits, with more expressive and creative approaches used in the landscape and still life pieces.
'Although themes are traditional, and Peter’s work is clearly representational, his approach often includes a bold use of media where subject and materials are combined in striking compositions’
(Living North Magazine 2019)
More of my work is available to view at: www.singulart.com
- March – April 2020 RBSA Open Exhibition 2020 - Birmingham www.rbsa.org.uk
- January 2020 Participates in Sky Portrait Artist of the Year 2020@SkyArts (filmed 2019) @StoryvaultFilms
- June 2019 elected as member of the Manchester Academy of Fine Arts – regular groups shows with MAFA from this date
- 5 – 17 March 2019 Mall Galleries London – The Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize Exhibition
- February to April 2019 Ferens Art Gallery – Ferens Open Exhibition
- November to December 2017 Mall Galleries, London The Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition
- October 2015 to July 2016 - The Bowes Museum / Mercer Art Gallery Harrogate / Panter & Hall London The New Light Prize Exhibition 2015
- 12 November to 22 November 2015 Mall Galleries, London, The ING Discerning Eye Exhibition 2015
- 2015 - 16th April to 1 May at the Mall Galleries, London, Royal Society of Portrait Painters - 'Marija & Michael'
- 2014 - 6th to 19th January at the Mall Galleries, London - Artists and Illustrators Annual Exhibition -'Lena'
- 2013 - shortlisted for the Artist of the Year 2013 - 'Lena' - www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk/holt2013
- 2012 - Ruth Borchard Collection: The Next Generation, King's Place Gallery, London - 'Self Portrait' - www.kingsplacegallery.co.uk
- 2012 - RBSA Open Exhibition 'Broken Light' -
- 2011 - Ruth Borchard Self Portrait Exhibition, King's Place Gallery, London 'Self Portrait' - www.kingsplacegallery.co.uk
- 2009 - National Portrait Gallery, London, BP Portrait Awards, 'Tom' - www.npg.org.uk
- Group exhibitions in Yorkshire• signifies that an artwork is sold / not available